Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday

  We buzzed through northern Ill and Wisc today, seeing hundreds more of the wind generators. Ironically, many of them framed a nuclear plant in the distance. We landed at my mom's place mid-afternoon. She is doing great following the up-or-down surgery of a few months ago. The dr. who gave her a stainless steel artery told her she should live another 40 years (so she'd be about 124), so my sister Cindy and I are trying to get her to take up sky-diving, with or without a parachute.
  Cruel? You don't know my mom. She has a marvelous sense of humor, some of which rubbed off on me. She intends to live her life and not curl up in a corner. She's already planning another road trip. I've met nearly all of her 10 siblings and they were all the same. Pity parties are not allowed.
  We're tucked away in a hotel that used to be a train engine repair shop. Tracks still run through the cement-floored lobby. Neat place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment